Sunday, August 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge

 

The Flower Challenge has some amazing colors that I just couldn't resist! I used Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet and Limeade Ice/New Leaf greens that match 3 of their color palette. I was totally inspired by a short video tutorial by Tina Smith on IG today when I created my card. All my die cuts were cut from white paper then color blended with brushes.

The big bloom die set from Papertrey Ink is the focal point then I layered it over a stenciled arch die which is layered over a fave Border Bling: Tin Stitch die which adds a great element of texture.

STAMPS: Birthday Your Way 2 (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Limeade Ice, New Leaf dye inks by Papertrey Ink; Versafine Clair Nocturne pigment ink.
PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush, True Black (PTI).
DIES: Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Into the Blooms: Big Bloom, Birthday Your Way 2, Love to Layer: Arches (PTI); Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).
OTHER: Adhesive gems; Just Notes: Stencil Collection (PTI).

 

3 comments:

Bobby said...

This is a delightful card, Wanda. Great job of inking the flower petals and I love the layers behind it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a beautiful mix of patterns for your background. The flowers are fabulous! We're so glad that you joined us at The Flower Challenge!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Wanda! I have this PTI bloom inked up in nearly the same colors! Congrats on your TFC honorable mention selection!