Thursday, March 14, 2024

Spring is coming!

This beautiful spring mood board for the Double D Challenges inspired me to use some new lilac dies I recently acquired from The Greetery! The shades of purple in the photo especially jumped out at me. I chose a lattice die for the background and cut it from Fine Linen paper from PTI. I splattered it with white Gouache paint. The sentiment was stamped using Villainous Potion distress ink (it looks black in the photo). I found a deep purple scrap in my stash and die cut a border.

I have a long list of friends and family with birthdays in the spring, so that prompted me to use the sentiment. I used olive green and purple distress markers to "dot" the centers of some of the flowers.

STAMPS: Birthday Blooms (The Greetery).
INK: Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Villainous Potion, Peeled Paint, Rustic Wilderness, Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Antique Linen distress inks.
PAPER: Stampers Select White, Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink); Dark purple (unknown source).
DIES: Birthday Blooms, Square Dance, Macrame Borders and Tassels, BotaniCuts Lilacs (The Greetery).
OTHER: White Gouache paint; Oval word punch (Stampin' Up).

Thanks so much for stopping by! It's a glorious sunny spring day here in VA with temps to go up in the 70's! Yippee!   ~Wanda

 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Lilacs are a beautiful flower of spring, and I can see why you chose to add them. Your card is lovely and creative. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge. Best wishes!