Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Color Throwdown

Hello everyone! Are you ready for another great color combo? The new Color Throwdown Challenge is being hosted by Lori this week and she's got the perfect colors - navy, aqua, lime green and kraft - for me to get another masculine birthday card completed! I'm needing SIX guy birthday cards in June...holy carp...how did that happen?!  Here's my take on the colors...

I finally got to play with this wonderful Abstract Triangles background stamp by Simon Says Stamp.  I white embossed on Ranger watercolor paper, then watercolored using Chipped Sapphire, Brushed Corduroy, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron distress inks.  The sentiment stamp and die are by WPlus9.  I die cut three "happy" dies and stacked them together to give it more dimension.  The balloons are from Simon Says Stamp's Balloons die set.  Some Moonshine sequins (SSS) were the celebretory bling needed to finish up the card. 

I'm also entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is to use some form of embossing.  I used Stampendous' Detail White EP on my card.

STAMPS: Whole Lotta Happy (WPlus9), Abstract Triangles (SSS).
PAPER: Lime Green (Reverse Confetti), Blue Raspberry (MFT), Night of Navy (SU), Kraft (PTI).
INK: Versamark; Distress inks by Ranger (see list above).

For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:


 Audrey Tokach - June Guest Designer

1 comment:

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card, love your background !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x