Sunday, January 22, 2017

Faux Dip Dye Technique


Happy Sunday everyone! It's a gloomy, rainy day in VA but I'll take it, because it means I have a great excuse to get inky! After seeing Kristina Werner's Faux Dip Dye with Watercolor tutorial, I knew I wanted to try this technique. I used my Mijello Mission Gold watercolor palette with yellow/orange/red tones rather than pink and red.  I thought it would be a better fit for a masculine Valentine.  I was also anxious to try out the Stick It adhesive paper to adhere the large intricate dye (Big Valentine's Day by Simon Says Stamp - oops, I see it's OOS) and it was SOOO much easier and cleaner than my usual method of adding glue with a glue stick! 

I'm entering this into the CAS on Sunday challenge where they are celebrating their 100th challenge with a theme of hearts.


 

4 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

WOW this is absolutely gorgoeus Wanda. I love the colors!!!!!!!!!!

Petra Swart said...

Your Faux Dip Dye bg looks absolutely amazing, Wanda - wonderful colours!!!! The little hearts and the die cut sentiment shines on your bg!!!! So beautiful!!!!
Have a great week!!!!!
Hugz

Silke Ledlow said...

Very cool technique and your card turned out fab!

Michelle said...

Wow! What gorgeous colours and I love the effect of the faux dip dye technique!