Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Color Throwdown



Happy hump day everyone!  Broni is the Color Throwdown Challenge hostess this week and has a warm and happy color palette that I just love!! Two new stamp sets by Papertrey Ink were calling my name to get inky: Peonies on Parade and Scripted.  Love that both sets also have coordinating dies!


Next time, I will use watercolor paper instead of heavy weight cardstock when using an Aquapainter and distress inks.  I didn't accomplish the color variation that I wanted.  :-(  The striped background is a large background stamp by MFT that I stamped 3 times using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and my trusty MISTI.  Remember those dew drops that were all the rage many years ago?  I decided to dig into my archives and adhered them with SU's fine tip glue pen.  

STAMPS: Peonies on Parade (PTI), Scripted (PTI), Diagonal Stripes BG (MFT).
INK: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, and Carved Pumpkin distress inks by Tim Holtz; Memento Tuxedo Black. 

It's a new month so that means a new guest designer!  We're thrilled to have Leslie Miller joining us!  She has an amazing sample for us that you don't want to miss!

Big congratulations to our guest star stamper - Bernadette Bliss!  Be sure and stop by her blog HERE to check out her gorgeous card!

To get all the details on how to play along, please go to the Color Throwdown blog!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog or you can clink on their links below.
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 

Leslie Miller - March Guest Designer  

Looking forward to seeing how you use these colors this week!   Happy stamping!


6 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh that is a beautiful color palette and I LOVE your gorgeous blooms! Lovely card.

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful, Wanda!!! Love the B&W stripy border at the top and side and the flowers are so lovely!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Broni said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Love the layout and those gorgeous orange flowers! Hey, I still have some of those Dew Drops!!

Lynn Put said...

This is excellent, Wanda! I love what you've created using this new PTI peonies set.

Leslie Miller said...

Such a beautiful job with these colors, Wanda! Gee, I might have to finally break down and get a MISTI. Just wish they were sold locally. Love those stripes, and you can have them in any color! Fabulous card!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS card Wanda! I totally LOVE the diagonal panel on just the top and side! I am so inspired to try that!! LOVE!