Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Color Throwdown


Yes, it's hump day and that means there's a new Color Throwdown challenge on board. I would LOVE having that view outside my dining room window...but I can only dream!  Here's my take on the colors: hot pink, lime green, gray and kraft.


I had quite an "adventure" making this card!  I started with watercolor paper and added 3 distress inks (Picked Raspberry, Peeled Paint and Pumice Stone) for a color wash background. Epic fail. The gray just looked too muddy.  I decided to salvage it by placing this Fishnet stencil by MFT over it and sponging more green in sporadic areas - leaving the pink areas more open.  The floral branch of flowers is from Altenew's Vintage Flowers set and they are so much fun to play with.  I only used a hint of gray in the sentiment and with the Silver Liquid Pearl flower centers.  What I thought might be a total disaster was actually saved from the trashcan and an OK card after all. :-)


For more inspiration and guidelines to play along, please visit the Color Throwdown blog...or...you can go to each of the design team blog links below:

Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin  
  Jodi Collins 
  Lori Tecler   
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer 
 Wanda Cullen (you are here)
Nancy Thomas - Guest Designer for June

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope to see you in the CTD gallery!

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wonderful save Wanda. Looks amazing to me, can't see the muddy areas. The diamond stenciling looks great over the background... and oh, those vintage flowers... beautiful!

Marisa said...

You did a great job saving the card. Love the BG and those flower are gorgeous!

Lori said...

I think your background is gorgeous--I'd never have known you'd thought about trashing it from looking at this photo!

Tammy Hershberger said...

The diamond stencil makes it look like lattice work for those flowers!