Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Color Throwdown #202

 

Hello friends! It's Wednesday and time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! This week, Tammy has a beautiful table setting photo for our inspiration...aren't these colors fabulous?! 


 I made a solo excursion to a local stamp store, Paper, Ink!, in downtown Charlottesville last week and this Memory Box "Chloe Stem" die was one of several goodies I found.  It reminds me of the fields of Queen Anne's Lace that are blooming everywhere this time of year.
I stamped the Carte Postale script stamp in Bermuda Bay on a vanilla Top Note die shape, then sponged the edges with Pool Party ink.  

STAMPS: Tiny Tags (PTI), Carte Postale (Stampendous)
PAPER: Vintage Cream, Rich Razzleberry, Spice Cake DP by SU
INK: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry
ACCESSORIES: Bermuda Bay grosgrain ribbon by SU, Tiny Tags die (PTI), Button by SU, Chevron Die-Namics by MFT, Chloe Stem die by Memory Box, Top Note die by SU.

Don't forget to check out all the inspiration by the rest of the design team, as well as our talented July guestie, Judy Rozema,  HERE!   As always, if you don’t have the exact colors, it’s no problem...just substitute with what you have that’s close to this week’s colors.  And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD202 if you upload your project to an online gallery. 

10 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Wanda...you have worked the colors beautifully...what a STUNNING creation!!!!! I loooove the postcard with the diecut flowers on top and your bow is a real WOW!!!

Lynn Put said...

Lovely card Wanda! I really like all of your pretty layers with the vintage postcard, chevron stripes and die cut flowers!

Mary Marsh said...

the challenge colors are just gorgeous and you have worked them into one fabulous card

Broni said...

I LOVE the use of the die cut flowers!! What a great find that was! Beautiful card, Wanda!!

Carole said...

Oh so pretty, love the DP behind the delightful details. Simply lovely;)
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Deanna said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Marlena M. said...

I love those MB stems~gorgeous card Wanda. ;)

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the mix of elements you used here.

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty Wanda! I love the die cuts on the post card-just beautiful!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oooh, I love that die you used, Wanda! I agree, reminds me of Queen Anne's Lace which is a favorite of mine. You used these colors beautifully!