Monday, May 28, 2012

Christ's Love


Isn't this a great sentiment by Michael Card to highlight on this CAS card? I hadn't planned on including so many challenges in one card, but it all fell together, so here's the list:
SCS CAS Challenge: love theme
Card Patterns Sketch Challenge
ODBD Shining Light Challenge -  use colors pink, black and/or gray, white/vanilla
Moxie Fab World Spatter Technique Challenge
I used a color spritzer tool (or as I commonly call it - the "spitter" tool) to give a very subtle splatter effect.  I inserted a Tombow marker (#725) into the tool and "spit" the color onto the base panel.   I inked up this checkerboard stamp for the first time from Tim Holtz' Grunge Cirque set and LOVED the look of it!  What in the world was I waiting on?!  Some fave mini rolled roses over a black flag die and this was fast and easy to create! 

Hope all of my American friends are enjoying this Memorial Day and remembering those who served and are still serving to protect our freedom!  I thought the love theme was a very appropriate one for the day!  Thanks for stopping by...and as always, I cherish your comments!


13 comments:

dj said...

I agree....that Tim Holtz stamp is way too cool!! love the rolled roses too!! Happy Memorial Day!!!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the sketch, Wanda. Your rolled roses are gorgeous and love the nestie leaf you used with them. Fun touch with the spritzer too :)

olenka said...

beautiful!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hello my fellow Virginian...feels weird to say that. LOL! Wanda, your card is gorgeous!! I just love the speckled white and your touches of black, pink and green. Elegance at its finest!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!! Hope all is well!!
hugs,
Chris

dstandard said...

Oh this is gorgeous - that background stamp just pops the rest of your card - beautifully done!

Rae said...

Lovely!

Angela said...

Oh my, Wanda, this is amazing! It caught my eye right away...love the crisp black/white and the pop of color....

Anna-Karin said...

WOnderful card! Love the TH stamp in the background and the roses and colour combo are great. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns this week!

Cards By Jan said...

Oh Wanda.this is soooooo pretty!! Your roses are so elegant...makes the card stand right out, and pops the verse!!
Hugs

Rosemary said...

what a stunner, wanda!! love the pop of color from the beautiful roses! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful cas card Wanda-and I see the girls at card patterns thought so as well-you are one of the top 6

Rae said...

Love your take on the sketch.
I actually used this sketch for my father's day cards, but I can never get them posted in time. I won't get it on my blog until this weekend! :)

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful job Wanda! Love the rolled roses and that delightful background! Congratulations on your Card Patterns top 6! ((hugs))