Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tough Colors!


Betty's Color Challenge was truly a challenge!! I drew a blank when I first saw the combo, but was determined to come up with something. I went back in time with this old retired image from SU...have never used it much, but yet I like it when I do use it. I'm not sure if marjoram has a hot pink bloom, but with stamping you can take license to be creative - lol! I used the 3 colors: Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze & More Mustard in the BG panels - stamping with the Sanded BG and Antique Cracking BG stamps. I used a multitude of Copic colors...TOO MANY to list them all - to color the image. Some distressing and sponging finished off this card that I'm still wrinkling up my nose at! :-)
STAMPS: Sweet Herbs (SU), Antique Cracking (SU), Sanded (SU)
PAPER: Baja Breeze, More Mustard, White
INK: Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Early Espresso
ACCESSORIES: Distressing tool, Copper brad, Copics, Ticket corner punch

3 comments:

Susan said...

I love it! The colors are great...love the distressing...all around fab card! Thanks for sharing!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda, you nailed the colors!!! The image is sooooo cool!!! The BG is awesome too!!! Hugs ~S~

Peggy said...

You pulled this one off wonderfully! Love your card!