Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hang in There!

Mercy Kerin has another great sketch this Tuesday. It was an early post, so I stayed up late and burned the midnight oil to combine her layout with Betty Wright's color challenge on SCS which was to use Bashful Blue, Rose Red & Soft Suede. Definitely some challenging colors for me! I love using Verve's Bountiful BG stamps to create my own DP, so I pulled the striped image and stamped Soft Suede on white CS. The pocket was cut out and fastened with copper brads. The flowers, leaves and border are all punches from the Martha Stewart collection. Diamond Stickles were added to the flower centers. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set that I thought typified the image of the frog "hanging in there"....and here's hoping you do exactly that! :-)

STAMPS: Verve Bountiful Backgrounds
SU Pocket Fun
Hero Arts Playful Animals
PAPER: Neenah Solar White, Rose Red, Soft Suede, Green Galore, Bashful Blue
INK: Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, Rose Red
ACCESSORIES: Martha Stewart arch lattice punch, MS frond punch, MS flower combo punch, Copper brads, Diamond Stickles, Googlie eyes, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable Wanda, you need to put you blog URL in your post over at SCS..come on now don't be shy..lol!

enjoy *~*

Dawn B. said...

Wanda..I didn't know you had a blog...This card is awesome. One of my fav sets.. I agree with Teresa..LOL