Saturday, February 20, 2010

Recognizing Silke!



This was a quick card for 2 different challenges. ODBD asked that we acknowledge & CASE a crafter we admire and change only 2 elements. Silke Ledlow is one of my fave stampers of all time! She's a master at using white spaces, balancing all elements, does fantastic coloring...I love everything she creates! I didn't do her card justice (that's what happens when you do something in a hurry)...should have added a white layer in the center of the square. :-( I combined this with Our Creative Corner's challenge to try a new technique. I had done a scallop medallion a LONG time ago, but thought I'd try a newer punch and see what happens. I started with a larger square (3 1/4 inches) then punched the fleur de lis design on all 4 sides. I just had to play with my new Martha Stewart punches (Pop Up Water Lily) to create the dimensional flower. Leaves are also punched. I want to try this again on a solid color...the pattern got lost in the DP design. I'll add a sentiment as the occasion arises. Gotta run to work...hope you're enjoying your Saturday!

PAPER: Urban Prairie DP by BasicGrey, Neenah Solar white
ACCESSORIES: Brad by BasicGrey, Lg. & Sm. pop up water lily punches by MS, Lg. bird punch by SU (leaves), Fleur de lis border punch (EK Success), Piercing tool/template

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I agree with you, Silke is an all time fav or mine. Just love her clean crisp style and use of white space. I just got that MS flower punch and can't wait to use it. Nice piercing around the image and the flower pops wonderfully against the other colours.

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda - you are bringing tears to my eyes...thank you very much for such nice compliments!!! I'm so thrilled you've tried a new technique and you cased one of my cards!!!

The punched out border on the DP looks so cool..for a minute I thought it was a pendant die...!!! The colors/DP are striking....the flower plus the piercing are the perfect finishing touches!!!

What can I say...I love this gorgeous card!!!

Have a fabulous weekend!!! Hugs ~S~