Thursday, February 18, 2010

'Orange' you glad you stopped by?



Julia's challenge on SCS was to focus on the color orange. It's a color I tend to avoid, yet when I do use it, I'm often surprised at the beauty of it! I colored the waterlily & leaves with Copics. I need to learn how to sponge sunsets as I'm never happy with my results, but this is my beginner's attempt with using sponge daubers and masking with a circle punch (Hint, hint...need a tutorial on creating sunsets). I like to keep a stash of cards without sentiments, so I can add them later - either to the outside or the inside. Thanks for stopping by...

STAMPS: Waterlily (Flourishes)
PAPER: DP by SU, Neenah Solar White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Labels Two Nestabilities, 1 1/4 inch circle punch, Copics, Sheer ribbon (Michael's), Sponge daubers, Dimensionals

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

You've made another lovely card...and inspired me to try and use orange...

Marisa said...

Well done! I just love these colours together :D