Friday, February 19, 2010

Flamingo Love



My parents are snowbirds who go south for the winter and spend it in sunny Florida. One of my favorite memories of visiting them was a visit to Jungle Gardens where I was fascinated by the prissy, tame flamingos who happened to be enjoying their mating season at that time! They were quite entertaining (and noisy!). Ahh...but I'm digressing. This card combines the OCC challenge to use something we bought eons ago and never used (the wide saffron ribbon) with the Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS which was to use ribbon and a border punch (trim) on a card. I finally inked up this new image from Taylored Expressions and colored with Copics, then sponged the circle with Yoyo Yellow & Only Orange. I then cut it out & popped it with dimensionals. I added the tiny love tag and will most likely give this to my parents for their anniversary in May. TFL!

STAMPS: Whimsical Wishes (Taylored Expressions), Tiny Tags (SU)
PAPER: Urban Prairie DP (BasicGrey), Neenah Solar White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange
ACCESSORIES: Scallop border punch & Saffron ribbon (SU), Corner punch (SU), Copics, Sponge, Button brads, Tiny Tag punch (SU)

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Love the out of the box flamingo legs and how you did the bow on the card. Nice sponging around the image too. Well done :D