Monday, February 22, 2010

It's in the Pieces




Holly's new technique challenge on SCS was to use punched pieces to create a scene/image, so I combined that with Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge to create this card. I wanted to make a brown version of this punched owl (see a previous post for the black/gray version). I'll add a punny sentiment to the inside...not sure yet what the occasion will be. :-) I used 5 different punches & because I don't have a 1 3/4 inch circle punch, I had to use my Creative Memories circle cutter. I just now realized I used 6 punches if you include the branch that the owl is sitting on! Off to do some cleaning and rearranging of furniture...

PAPER: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Yoyo yellow, 12 x 12 Roam 2-sided paper pad by K&Co
ACCESSORIES: Punches (see attached pic), MS twill ribbon, Brads, Lg. bird punch (branch w/leaves)

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Too cute!! Great use of this tricky sketch!

Mary J said...

Ha ha! That sounds like me - my craft room looks like a bomb after I've done some crafting! Love the card - that owl is really cute!

Lea L. said...

This is SO cute!! Love how you used the punches to make that cute owl!! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea