Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Spring Note

Korin Sutherland has a great sketch challenge today on SCS, so I combined that layout with the colors in the ColourQ challenge by Arielle: Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, White. Those colors scream SPRING so I knew I wanted to use flowers and birds! I love playing with PTI's Blooming Button Bits easy to add their gorgeous vintage buttons. The bird is paper-pieced with an Opaline half pearl added for his eye. The Melon Mambo panel was stamped in the same color ink using the Verve BG polka dot stamp. It's a wintry scene here in VA with another snowfall last night of several inches. I'm hoping my concentration on spring cards will speed up its can hope, right?

STAMPS: PTI Blooming Button Bits, Verve Accent Notes & Bountiful Backgrounds, Hero Arts Decorative Birds
PAPER: Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, White
INK: Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: PTI vintage buttons, SU Oval scallop & Scallop punches, SU scallop border punch, BasicGrey opaline half pearl, CB, Dotted Swiss EF


Marisa said...

Saw this on SCS and loving it all over again here. Great job with this sketch! I have that PTI set on my wish list - just love the leaves

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is so beautiful Wanda, I luv these colors...great job. I am so glad you made it home safely, I am sorrt you have to drive in the "winter wonderland" at night, really I safe...I will keep you in my prayers. We are to get more than a foot and perhaps more than 2 foot this weekend.....sigh...happy and sad if you are out in to ya soon!

enjoy *~*

Jo, Paul & Jade said...

Beautiful card for the Colour Q Challenge! Love the use of buttons

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda - this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the PTI Set and your take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

debhorst said...

beautiful!! lvoe the buttons!!

SnappyStamper said...

What a sweet card!!! Excellent use of the colourQ colors this week, Wanda!