Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge






I loved working with the layout provided by Karen Giron for her Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! She is also the source of my watermarks that I add to my cards - love them! I used some new DP by BasicGrey along with a matching 'bloomer'. The cup was paper-pieced with some ribbon lace added for texture. A cold but sunny day with finally getting to worship at church after being snowed in for 2 Sundays then lunch with our daughter who is away at college, then a relaxing afternoon watching a VERY lengthy Daytona race with an exciting ending! Just have to tell my blog friends who saw my earlier post of the box of cards I made for a charity silent auction...it brought $50.00! Yippee! I was very excited that there was a 'bidding war' going on for them - lol!

STAMPS: Coffee with Friends (Flourishes)
PAPER: Sugar Rush DP by BasicGrey, GP white
INK: Black
ACCESSORIES: Lace ribbon (Flourishes), Kaiser rhinestone stickers, BasicGrey Bloomers, CB, Nesties

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the lace on the coffee cup - what a great idea! Bling on the circle is a lovely touch too. I've been sucked into the Olympics so no chance to do this sketch just yet.

It's never to late to ski, Wanda. My dad started skiing at 55 when we moved to Canada from the tropics and skied until he was 80!! Give it a go - it's a wonderful sport :D

If you google Olympic Opening Ceremonies 2010 (regular and under images too) you should be able to get a ton of pictures. I thought it was simply amazing and depicted Canada SO well. Maybe someone has it taped and youcan watch it.

jovialjudi said...

Love this card Wanda! The colors are so vibrant and welcoming. I love coffee and tea cards. :-) Sounds like you had a great day! And congrats on your cards making that much money! I had no doubts they would!! Have a great week! Hugs, Judi