Friday, January 30, 2015

Raindrops in the Mix



I seldom get around to playing in the Mix-Ability Challenge on Splitcoaststampers, but the raindrop drawing technique shared by Lydia had me intrigued! I started with this scrap of textured CS where I had used gold embossing paste with a Tim Holtz burlap stencil.  I white embossed the flower and leaves on the rough side of Tim Holtz watercolor paper, then scribbled some watercolor pencils and blended with an aquapainter.  I fussy cut and popped them over some looped jute twine.  My white gel pen did NOT want to cooperate (I have 2 pens and neither of them ever work right!).  I drew the raindrops using a Copic 0.3 multiliner black pigment ink pen and tried to add the white gel highlights.  I felt like it looked like two bedbugs on my card...UNTIL...I added an ancient dew drop from my archives to the large drop and a wee bit of Glossy Accents to the smaller drop.  So...here's the finished card...


Here's what I used:
STAMPS: Peony Scrolls by Altenew.
ACCESSORIES: Jen Hadfield tag by Pebbles from Simon Says Stamp; Tim Holtz Burlap stencil; Wendy Vecchi Metallic Gold embossing paste; Jute twine, Dew drop, Glossy Accents.

1 comment:

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love the colours you have used and the gold embossing is beautiful, Wanda!! Love the sentiment banner with the gold ring and the twine hanging from it!!!! The dew drops look amazing!!! Lovely card, Wanda!!!
Have a great weekend!!!