Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Color Throwdown



Hi everyone! It's yours truly's turn to host the Color Throwdown
Challenge and I'm hoping you will love playing with this color combo! I'm a fan of perusing through online Etsy shops, so when I spotted this stained glass, mosaic style heart...I knew I had my inspiration photo!  Rather bold colors, but hey...you've got to live dangerously sometimes! :-)  

I was working on a watercoloring technique this weekend after watching Kristina Werner's tutorial video HERE.  So, here is my attempt using the following distress inks: Crushed Olive, Dusty Concord, Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade.  



After the background was dry, I used the mosaic heart stencil by Simon Says Stamp to add light modeling paste.  I didn't want to cover up much of the heart, so opted for a simple layered tag with a love word die.  The watercolor panel was layered on Limeade Ice CS by Papertrey Ink.

I can hardly believe this is the last Wednesday of January, so that means we have to say goodbye to Bonnie Sharp who has been a wonderful guest designer for us!  Stay tuned...We have another super talented guestie coming up next week!

Congrats to Marlena McDeavitt, our guest star stamper for this week!  Check out her blog - Marlena is Faithfully Crafting - and leave some love.

If you want more details on how to play along plus inspiration from the other designers, visit the Color Throwdown blog...or...click on the design team blog links below.

Bonnie Sharp - January Guest Designer

Here's hoping you'll come and join us...can't wait to see what you create!

11 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Wanda. Love the water colored and stenciled background... the colors are amazing.

Vickie Z said...

Love it!!! The watercolored background is fabulous and the stenciled/paste heart is perfect...gold love a wonderful added touch!! Y'all are making me get over my purple phobia :)

Broni said...

I love the colors you chose, Wanda, and your card is fabulous! Love the vibrancy of the background and the softness of the paste on top of it! Great card!

Kim said...

The mosaic heart that you found on pinterest is beautiful Wanda!! The colors do look challenging, but that is what this is all about, right?!! I love what you have created. The modeling paste and stenciled hearts were terrific tools to use. You did a fabulous job!!

Jodi Collins said...

I absolutely LOVE this Wanda! That background is just INCREDIBLE!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous design, Wanda... LOVE the mosaic embossing over that awesome background!

Joan Ervin said...

Your background is absolutely stunning, Wanda!!! The colors are blended beautifully and I love the mosaic heart!!!!! I need to give that tecxhnique a try!!

Marisa said...

Stunning card, Wanda! Love the mix of colours and the added heart over top is fabulous.

Nancy said...

Wanda, This card is incredible! Genius!

samanthadesigns said...

Beautiful card!

Karen M said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! The colours are amazing and I love the mosaic look. Kx