Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Color Throwdown & TYIC







Hi everyone! Check out the new, gorgeous color scheme chosen by Vickie this week for the Color Throwdown Challenge! I totally LOVE those wall vases!  I might just have to check them out on Etsy (#dangerouswebsiteforme, #love).

I'm also playing along with the first of the new year Tag, You're It Challenge #13 with an inspiring tag by the talented Heather Campbell!  


My card uses a new (to me) Sweetheart Tag die by Simon Says Stamp!  I cut it out using Kraft, Bermuda Bay and White cardstock then changed up the inlaid pieces.  I then arranged some florals from WPlus9's Pretty Little Peonies stamp set.  I was inspired by the copper bands in the CTD photo and the touch of gold in the tag photo to add metallic gold embossing and a gold die sentiment (PTI's Wet Paint).



Congrats to our guest star stamper this week - Kimberly Wiener!  Check out her blog HERE.

Also, we're blessed to have Bonnie Sharp as our guest designer in January.  Be sure and check out her lovely creation!

If you want more details on how to play along plus inspiration from the other designers, visit the Color Throwdown blog...or...click on the design team blog links below.
Bonnie Sharp - January Guest Designer

Here's hoping you'll come and join us...can't wait to see what you create!

11 comments:

Karen M said...

Wanda, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours teamed up like this and the tag is fantastic. Extremely pretty Kx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a wonderful card Wanda. Love the tag with the hearts and those gorgeous flowers... the background looks great too.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is simply beautiful, Wanda! Colours are magnetizing!

Petra Swart said...

What a lovely card, Wanda!!! I love that tag and the embossed grid looks beautiful!!! The flowers and hearts are lovely and the sentiment is just perfect!!!

Joan Ervin said...

I love the embossed grid background on this beauty, Wanda!!!! Such an awesome design with the tag, flowers, hearts...love it!!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh I love this Wanda - so fresh and exciting! Love the kraft and all the wonderful embellishments. This is something I would LOVE to CASE! The inlays are gorgeous!

Birgit said...

Wow! You're card is stunning. You brought these colors together perfectly.

Vickie Z said...

Love the gold grid background... Fun tag with colored layers (OMW...is that another purchase) and those flowers!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Wanda, WOW! your card is stunning! I love how you used the colors and created such a gorgeous card! LOVE IT! and thank you for the inspiration.

anja curvers said...

Wow this is stunning love the inlaid diecutting. Thanks for sharing this over at tag you're it.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I too love the inlaid die cutting, fabulous job, thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.