Friday, January 9, 2015

MFT Color Challenge


 It's the first MFT Color Challenge of the year on the MFT Challenge and Inspiration blog and I was really loving the spring-like colors after a really bitter cold week of weather blasted
us here in VA!  I left work last night and it was 6 degrees with wind chill below zero.  Tonight it was a balmy 20 degrees when I got off at 10:45 PM!  Amazing how 20 can feel so good - lol!  So...back to my card.  I've gotten really rusty at coloring with Copics, so decided to ink up and color this little PI gal.  I fussy cut and popped with foam tape over a square panel of vellum - my only option to avoid covering up the chevron rainbow!  The layout is for Jen's Deconstructed Sketch Challenge.  I had everything in place when it hit me I hadn't added a sentiment. I knew I couldn't remove the vellum panel without tearing up the card, so went with a tiny "hugs" sentiment that could be stamped without smudging.  :-)  I really wish I had swapped out the orange and green borders so the green would represent the grassy area. :-(  Guess that will have to happen next time.  Moral of the story: Stamp when you're more alert in the morning rather than burning the midnight oil!

STAMPS: Blooming Good Day (MFT), Love You With All My Heart (MFT).
PAPER: Fabrications 6x6 pad by MME, White, Teal, Sour Apple, Daffodil Delight, Orange Zest, Vellum CS by SU.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Rick Rack Die-Namics by MFT, Copics, Brad.

6 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Oh, Wanda, what a cheerful little card!!! I love the bright colours and I think the orange is perfect at the bottom!! I'm trying to imagine what it would look like with the green at the bottom, but my honest opinion is that the brighter blue and orange at the top and bottom and the softer green and yellow in the middle, is perfect!!!!
Your little girl watering the cute darling little flower is just soooo adorable!!!! ...and I love how cleverly you've done the sweet sentiment when discovering you didn't have a sentiment!!!
You surely created a darling card while burning the midnight oil!!!!
Hope the weather will be better soon!!!
Have a great day!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Adorable card, Wanda! Glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge.

JoAnn said...

Love your adorable card with at sweet PI image. Love the zig-zag borders too.

Jill said...

I hear ya!! I often do my crafting at night too then in the morning, go ack! Darn. But yours here is fab! ;) The vellum is a great touch!
Thanks for joining us on the first color challenge!
:)

Susan R. Opel said...

Hello, Wanda! I just love that colorful zig zag background! I kind of want to run downstairs and create after seeing it. :)

Jen Shults said...

Wanda, this is great! I love the way you used the vellum - it makes a great subtle center for this card. Thanks for joining us for this week's sketch!