Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Color Throwdown



Hey everyone! The Color Throwdown Challenge is back in action again for the new year and Monika has a classic and fun color combo for us! I had three directions in mind - go with hearts or flowers or...be inspired by the winter scene and get a needed thank you card done.  :-)
These intricate WPlus9 snowflake dies are so fun to layer and I went with 2 white and 2 vellum layers.  I added some fine glitter to the white layers so it really sparkles IRL.  The sentiment was cut out twice and glued together to add more dimension.  I cut a small punched circle in half to use for a tiny pop of black (this idea from a card by Shari Carroll).  


PAPER: Tis the Season by Echo Park, White, Black, Vellum.
ACCESSORIES: Northern Flurry embossing folder by SU; Snowflake trio die by WPlus9; Watercolor Wonder dies by Papertrey Ink; Embellishment by SU; Fishtail Flags Die-Namics by MFT; Circle punch by SU; Fine glitter by Martha Stewart.

We're so happy to announce that Bonnie Sharp of The Lucky Clucker is our guest designer for the month of January!  Welcome, Bonnie!  Looking forward to having you join us! 

Congrats also go out to our guest star stamper for this week: Jenny Engelke!  You'll love her fun card she created so be sure and check it out!

For details on how to play along and for more inspiration, be sure and check out the rest of the design team's creations on the
CTD blog or you can go to the links below:


Bonnie Sharp - January Guest Designer

17 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

This is so beautiful with all your layers Wanda Woman.

Lyn said...

Totally gorgeous I love that snowflake

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I LOVE that layered snowflake! SO totally gorgeous! LOVE the patterned flags too!

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Wanda!!!!! I'm back from holiday in Cape Town and I'm so enjoying spending time in Blogland again!!!! I have just visited all your posts you've done since I last popped in and boy, what a pleasure it was to look at all your beautiful creations!!!!! You are so talented and I love your work!!! And yes, you have inspired me to get going with my favourite Mojo Monday challenge again - you are really doing such a great job with those MM sketches!!!! I also love the beautiful cards you make for the ODB team and your CTD work is as always just stunning!!
I'm so sorry that I didn't get to popping in before we left on holiday, but there was just not enough time to do all I planned to do (half of it I never got too!!!). I planned to make a special X-mas card to wish all my friends a lovely X-mas day, but even that I didn't get to!!! We stayed over at my mother's place for the holiday and she has no internet, so I couldn't do it while on holiday!!!! Being without internet for two weeks, not being able to do e-mails and visit blogs - that's difficult, but I have to say that I took the time to relax properly and just enjoy family and friends!!! I hope that you had a lovely, blessed X-mas day with family and friends!!! And I would also like to wish you the very best for 2015!!! May your days be filled with happiness and may this be a very special year for you!!! Hope you have lots of time to be creative!!
Have a lovely day, Wanda!!! (...will be a regular visitor to your blog again now!!!)
XX

KimCreate said...

Beautiful snowflake card.

dstandard said...

Oh what a gorgeous card! LOVE it!

sabbycat said...

Love your color challenge card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Wanda. Love the layered snowflake as the main image and the dry embossed background. Perfect card for the inspiraition picture.

Broni said...

Wow! That multi-layered snowflake with the cool embellishment is awesome! And with the embossed snow background....awesome!!

Bonnie said...

Oh how I love that snowflake!...and the vellum addition even more so" this is beautiful!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Wanda...your snowflake is sooo gorgeous!!!! I love how you used the vellum layers to give it such a magical look....I always seem to spend money after visiting your blog...LOL!!!

Vickie Z said...

In love with the banners and background and snowflake!! Love it!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the snowflake and your use of the colors.

Stampingcountry said...

Another Beautiful card, Wanda! YOu rocked the color challenge.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda! Snowflakes is just simply beautiful!

Barbara said...

Love this so much, Wanda!! That snowflake is a STUNNER!!

Lori said...

Oooh, that layered snowflake is just fabulous! Love the embossed background panel, too.