Saturday, January 17, 2015

Forever and Always



I couldn't resist being inspired by this cake for the new Inspiration Challenge on SCS! The cakes - so unique and non-traditional - are from the Mod Wedding Cakes Board on Pinterest!  I needed to add a wedding card to my stash, so this was the perfect opportunity. Arielle has a great new layout for the Retrosketches Challenge, so I paired up the two and came up with this card. 
 
I started by adding light modeling paste with a mosaic heart stencil over a textured white piece of cardstock.  Unfortunately, I nearly covered it all up and you can't see that it's a heart. :-/  Some silver
die cut leaves, layered wonky rectangles with a Verve sentiment,  a bit of looped black thread and a large hybrid heirloom rose die by MFT finished off all my elements.  I sponged the rose edges with Pink Pirouette ink and added the same color CS on the one frame layer to give just a wee pop of color.   Instead of an A2 sized card, I went with a 5 1/2" square.

STAMPS: No Matter What (Verve).
ACCESSORIES: Large Marianna Vine Background die by Poppystamps, Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-Namics by MFT, Wonky rectangles dies by Spellbinders, Mosaic Heart stencil by Simon Says Stamp, black thread.

Thanks for popping by!  I'm working this weekend, so I need to get hopping and get ready!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I LOVE this beautiful card, Wanda!!!!! Great use of all the elements in the inspiration photo and the RS sketch!!! That silver glitter paper is so yummy and looks stunning against all the white and the touches of pink!!!!
Really stunning, Wanda!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wanda this is so elegant--gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wanda this is so elegant--gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at RetroSketches!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and elegant Wanda. Love the embossing paste background and the touch of silver.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Wanda!

Jen said...

so, so pretty!! i love your take on the sketch!! thanks for playing along on retro sketches!!