Monday, February 13, 2017

Mojo Monday



Good Monday everyone! There's a fun new sketch by Julee for the Mojo Monday Challenge! I was all "hearted out" so went with a floral design instead - lol!  I have really been motivated to use up scraps on my mega leftover pile, so the watercolor square was my starting point.  The problem with that is that I often don't remember exact colors that were used.  I know I used TH distress inks then stamped SU's Off the Grid stamp with Peacock Feathers.  There was a day when I rarely made a card that didn't have ribbon or seam binding on it.  Now I rarely use it though I still love to see it.  Funny how creative tastes change!  I die cut the flowers then used my MISTI to center and stamp the images.  The leaves were die cut from white CS then I took the Lime green ink cube (Reverse Confetti) and sponged over them.  The flowers were inked up with RC's Aqua ink.  Again...my MISTI was used to stamp the sentiment twice for a more vivid shade of black.

STAMPS: Be Blessed (Verve); Off the Grid (SU).
DIES: Sprightly Sprigs and  Petal Points (Verve).

So...we'd love to see how you interpret this challenge!  You'll want to post your creation on the Mojo Monday blog.  If you need more inspiration, check out the design team's creations below:



8 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

What a lovely card! Beautiful color combination too!

Tammy said...

Lovely card! I love the watercolor square you used for your starting point and how you used flowers instead of hearts. The color combination is so pretty!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Pretty interpretation of the sketch! Love the big "look at me" flower!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colors and that sweet off the grid background piece.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and that pretty background.

PJ said...

I really like the colors you chose. Great Job.
Have a blessed week. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

Petra Swart said...

Love the colours, Wanda!!!!! You've made a beautiful card following Julee's sketch!!!! The flowers are so pretty!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Kim said...

This is gorgeous Wanda!! I love the colors you used. Your spray of flowers and vines are awesome!!