Wednesday, February 8, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch


Happy late Wednesday and almost Thursday everyone! I'm squeaking in under the wire to get my card entered for the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.  Michele Ferguson has this fun layout which I interpreted with some random stamping of Altenew's Daisy set.  I added some quick watercoloring with Tumbled Glass distress ink.  This has been on my leftover pile for quite some time and I don't remember what inks I used for the flowers and leaves. :-(  The sentiment is a new die for me - With Sympathy by Simon Says Stamp - cut twice with PTI's True Black CS.  

That's it from me as I wind down from my busy night at work.  It's beginning to rain lightly, so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the snow storm will stay north of us.  It was still 55 degrees at 11 PM but we know that will change by morning. 

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is pretty! Love the nontraditional colors for a sympathy card.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Wonoderful card, Wanda! I love the colors you chose and the watercolored background. Thanks for inspiring me today.
:) Marie

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Wanda!

Silke Ledlow said...

Love this watercolored card...so striking!

Petra Swart said...

Your watercolouring is just great and the flowers are beautiful, Wanda!!!!! What a wonderful take on the sketch!!!! A beautiful sympathy card!!! Love it!!!!!
Hugz