Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Friday Inspiration File


Kara Vrabel is celebrating 300 weeks of inspiration on the Friday Inspiration File.  This is a new challenge to me...thanks to the posting of Leigh Penner on FB.  SOOO many gorgeous cards are saved to Kara's Pinterest file here, but I finally went with one of my first blog idols - Laurie Schmidlin - to CASE her card here. Laurie's card inspired me to go with this adorable bear from Reverse Confetti's Bear Hugs set and I paired it with papers from RC's "True Love" pad and also Bo Bunny's "Crush" collection.  The doily is from Martha Stewart and the heart border is a PTI die.  The ovals are punches by SU.  I used Copics to color the image: T1, T3, T5, T7, R24, R29, Y18.  Now, I just need to decide which of my 3 grandchildren will get this card as happy mail. ❤️

I also used the colors - red, white, black - for the Color Challenge on SCS. A classic combo that never grows old for me!  Thanks so much for stopping by...

4 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is just sooooooo super cute and your little bear is sweet as can be!!!! Love the houndstooth paper, the tiny polka dots, the delicate doily and the row of little hearts ...and the sentiment to make it extra special for one of your little darlings - I think you should make 2 more - one for each of them!!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Kara said...

Super cute!!! Thanks so much for playing!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Wanda, I wish I could post emoticons...I would post ALL the hearts! First, you are SO very sweet! Thank you for the kind words! You are an amazing artist so it is truly high praise coming from you! Second...your card!! I just LOVE how you colored the cute little bear and your paper choices are fantastic!! SO pretty!

I Card Everyone said...

Wanda you had me at Houndstooth!!! Gorgeous CASE and OH are you right about Laurie!
=]