Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Color Throwdown #431



Happy hump day and welcome to another Color Throwdown Challenge! I have always been fascinated by the beauty of succulents and when I saw this week's inspiration photo, I knew that I wanted to watercolor some images from MFT's Sweet Succulents stamp set with matching dies.  

Here is my take on it...



http://pawprintsandpapertrails.blogspot.com/

For the base, I sponged WPlus9 Mojito ink with a Mini Bricks stencil by The Crafters Workshop.  While the stencil was still in place, I sprayed with Mister Huey's Blizzard color mist.  There's a subtle shimmer IRL that's hard to see in the photo.  I added a scallop border (die by Reverse Confetti) of Rich Razzleberry CS which shows up better in the photo below.  The cacti were all watercolored using Mijello Mission Gold watercolor paints.  You've probably seen Nuvo Jewel Drops throughout papercrafting blogs as it's a hot new item being used.  I really love the ease of adding faux enamel drops by using this product! The only downside is that you need to wait 24 hours to ensure they are totally hardened.  The fun sentiment was white embossed on black CS.  


We're happy to have Donna Dambrot as our guest star stamper this week!  Check out her post on the Paw Prints and Paper Trails blog.

For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:

 

2 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so cute I had to smile, Wanda!!!! Love your fun little cacti against the lovely stenciled bg!!!! Just great!!!!
Hugz

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally awesome card!