Monday, February 20, 2017

Masculine Thanks


I was needing a masculine thank you card, so a CAS sketch was perfect to do a little stenciling in the background and let this butterfly shine as the focal point...literally! I added Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron distress inks to an acrylic block, then picked up the colors with a wet brush and applied to Ranger watercolor CS.  After drying with a heat gun, the butterfly was stamped 3 times using a MISTI and Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I sprayed Mister Huey's Blizzard color shine over the butterfly to give it a nice subtle shimmer and shine!  The butterfly was die cut then popped with foam tape over the Hero Arts Tweed Pattern stencil.  The sentiment die - Wet Paint by PTI - was cut from black and white CS, then offset slightly when I layered them up.  Stitched rectangle die is by Lil' Inker Designs.

I'm entering this into the  CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.

STAMPS: Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix.

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Wanda!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, Wanda - I can imagine how pretty it must be IRL with the shimmer!!!! I love the colour of the enamel dots and the stenciled bg is fabulous!!!!! The die cut sentiment is so perfect to go with the butterfly - the font and size of it is great!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!!!
Hugz