Friday, December 17, 2010

VLV - Week 3



I needed a birthday card for my brother this month, so wanted to combine the birthday theme on SCS in the Free 4 All 'Christmas Break' challenge with Amy's Viva la Verve sketch challenge on the Verve forum. This month we were to draw inspiration from ornaments and winter decor, so I used a little brown Christmas tree with gold and coppery-sparkled highlights as my inspiration. I was disappointed in the results (the copper embossed sentiment got lost in the DP) but I don't have time to redo it...too many things to clean! :-(
STAMPS: Big Wish (Verve), Antique BG (SU) - embossed in copper on the Nestie
PAPER: Tim Coffey Designer Mat Pad (K&Co), Neenah Solar White
INK: Versamark, Memento Rich Cocoa
ACCESSORIES: Copper brads, Copper EP, Copper Stickles, Clear Star Sakura pen (to highlight candles and flower), Labels Fourteen Nestabilities, Oval Nesties, Enchanted Evening satin ribbon (PTI), Slot punch

1 comment:

Vickie Z said...

Exellent idea for the copper embossing of the sentiment-love the tree you used for inspiration. Also, loved the "ships" card below {I spyed on SCS}- it's wonderful!!