Tuesday, December 7, 2010

CC's 300th Birthday!



To celebrate the 300th color challenge on SCS, Betty has asked us to go through the archives and choose an old color combo to play with. I went way back to CC#23: Elegant Eggplant, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery. Two of these colors are long retired, and I have a really large stash of old CS still in existence, so this was a great incentive to use some of it up. I reversed Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge for the layout, so I could better display this monstrous prima that I've been hoarding. I stamped off once in Certainly Celery for the BG leaves on the white oval. Hope you're staying warm in your neck of the woods...it's cold and windy here!
STAMPS: Psalm 46:1 Plain Jane (Verve), Great Friend (Verve) - leaves, French Script BG (SU)
PAPER: Elegant Eggplant, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Neenah Solar White
INK: Elegant Eggplant, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery
ACCESSORIES: CB, Nesties, MS fern punch, MS Modern Garland border punch, Leaves die (SU), Lace trim by Recollections, Prima

8 comments:

Pattie said...

Gorgeous card Wanda! I love everything about it!

Marisa said...

Love how you used Mercy's sketch and the colours are wonderful :) I'm green with envy at the MS border punch! I NEED that punch and can't find it up here yet so the hunt continues!! Your giant prima looks lovely as does the foliage around it.

Silke Ledlow said...

Drop dead gorgeous Wanda...the color you chose are WOW!!! I'm so glad I had a minute to pop in to see this fabbo card!!! Hugs ~S~

Peggy said...

Your color pick is one of my favorites! Love these three together! Gorgeous card Wanda!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, what a beautiful color choice! I am glad you got to use some of your stash, too. Terrific design and detailing! Lovely card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is so pretty. I like your color combo choice and the way you added stamping behind your sentiment. The flower is gorgeous.

Denise Marzec said...

Wow Wow Wowwwwww, love the colors and that crystalized flower! Wit Whewwwww!

Wendy said...

Oh WOW, now this is pure gorgeousness!!!! Love everything about this, Wanda!