Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Glory to God




Korin posted a Sketch Challenge with tilted panels...definitely out of the norm for me, but I ended up liking it for a change! I combined the layout with the colors of the Color Throwdown Challenge: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist. Lots of layers in this one...think I counted seven! Loved these colors together! This card also qualifies for ODBD's Shining Light Challenge to use snowflakes and for the Paper Sundaes Challenge to adorn those corners. It's pouring down rain as I post this card...just thankful it's not snow!
STAMPS: Glad Tidings (snowflakes) & Richly Blessed (cross & sentiment) - both by Verve
PAPER: Neenah Solar White, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
INK: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
ACCESSORIES: 5x7 inch snowflake EF, Silver glass glitter (SU), MS snowflake punch, Marvy corner scallop punch, Kaiser silver pearls, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon

19 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Wanda! I just love the corner punching colors and the over stamping!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the light snowflake challenge this week!

Marisa said...

I see tilted panels and run for the hills LOL! Good for you for taking this one. Love the corner punches on the sentiment panel and colours you used.

Wendy said...

Soooooo pretty, Wanda! I love the colors, the embossing and the sentiment! Awesome job on both challenges! :)
Happy Wednesday!

Andrea VS said...

Beautiful work! Everything combined so well in this one.

Lynn Put said...

Seven layers and so beautiful! This sketch looks difficult, you did a wonderful job, the layered stamping with the cross and scripture is lovely!

Peggy said...

Beautifully done! Love the colors!

Vickie Z said...

Wanda- love how you used these colors and the tilted panels!! Just perfect how it all blends.

Mary Marsh said...

this is beautiful wanda-love the color combo-we had all that rain yesterday-tonite it snowed

Broni said...

Wow! How gorgeous! I LOVE the blue and brown snowflakes! What a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week, Wanda!

Pattie said...

Beautiful card Wanda - great job on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wana, oh my goodness, the colors you chose and the layout of this beauty are just exquisite!!! I am totally in love with this card!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my, I am so sorry, Wanda, I forgot the 'd' in my first post. I am so sorry!!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous work, Wanda! LOVE it!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How beautiful, Wanda! I love these colors together, and love the panel as the focus!!

Laura Pryor said...

Really nice job with the layout and the CTD colors this week. All of your elements really came together nicely to make such a pretty card!

Dawn B. said...

This is really pretty.. I struggle with those off centered panels.. This verse is beautiful.. Great card Wanda..

dj said...

Gorgeous!! Love this color combo!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh Wanda! So glad you love the color combo because you certainly did a fantastic job using them! Your card is stunning!!! That patterned paper and your snowflakes perfectly complement your focal panel.

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

Karina said...

A wonderful card! Love this color combination. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
Hugs, Karina