Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friend Ship



I finally stole a few minutes to ink up this new Verve set called Text Objects. I just love the tiny script that matches the larger, coordinating sentiments! I wanted to paper-piece the cute little ship with some new DP (Tickled Pink by My Mind's Eye). The lacey circle was a die cut from Baja Breeze CS. I used the layout for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and took the liberty to add a ribbon and hand ruffled it over a strip of Score Tape. I'm trying to get my house in order for company over Christmas, so today was spent cleaning up in my stamp area after a snowy trek to the dentist this forenoon. Hope you are staying warm in your corner of the world!

6 comments:

Karen Barber said...

What a SWEET and UNIQUE creation!! I especially love that ribbon treatment Wanda - how cool is THAT???

Marisa said...

Totally adorable, Wanda!! Love how you used the new Vere set and the ruffled ribbon is fantastic. Great use of the sketch too :)

Thanks for the e-mail :) Figured it out and got a few extra tips from it too. Now just stuck on how to get the Pages gadget to fit the width of the blog columns and not go right across the entire screen. Any ideas on how to do that??!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Wanda! Love the little sailboat and fancy ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

Love all the circles and great colors on this Wanda - the ribbon looks wonderful too! thanks for using the WMS sketch on your card!

Lynn Put said...

Great card Wanda! I love the sentiment, cheerful colors and pleated ribbon!

Mary Marsh said...

I really like this card-I am going to have to order that stamp set-and the ribbon treatment is so perfect with this image and sentiment-