Saturday, December 18, 2010

Don Cherry's Jacket





Don Cherry, a sports commentator on Coach's Corner on TV, is known for his loud and lavish jackets he wears! Stef has challenged us to pick out a jacket and create a card for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. I was the lucky winner of Silke Ledlow's last Blog Candy and knew I wanted to ink up the adorable snowman image from Flourishes - thanks Silke...I LOVE this set! He was so much fun to color and add glitter to! I also entered Our Creative Corner's challenge to dry emboss with color. I used a CB snowflake EF then sponged silver metallic Encore ink on the raised snowflakes. This plaid DP from Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather pad was the perfect match to Don's purple plaid jacket! The layout is for the Sketch Challenge on SCS.
STAMPS: Warm Winter Wishes (Flourishes)
PAPER: Mitten Weather (Cosmo Cricket), Metallic silver CS, Perfect Plum, X-Press It Blending Card
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: CB, EF, Circle punch, Satin ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Copics, Sponge

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Don Cherry's jackets drive me INSANE!!! I know it's his trademark, but some of them are a bit much LOL! Great take using this one for you inspiration. Lovely colouring in on the image and use of the sketch.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your take on his jacket! Cute snow person!! Love all the embossing!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS inspired card Wanda!!! I'm so happy to hear you like this Set :)!!! It was definitely my favorite this season!!! Keep those cute snowman comin'!!! Merry Christmas!!! ~S~

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use from the inspiration - very cute snowman too~

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Soooo cute! Love the purple plaid scarf and your silvered embossed snowflakes are marvelous! So happy you could join in the fun this week at Our Creative Corner.