Friday, September 9, 2011

Raise the Bar - White on White


This week, the Raise the Bar challenge is to use white on white with a pop of color in our stamped image. I'm a huge fan of white space, but somehow gravitate toward lots of color when I'm planning a card design. For this reason, I was thrilled that Joni asked the bartenders to create with this theme! I scored some lines on the white card base. The middle white layer was embossed using CB's Victoria EF. The Fleur de lis layer was a Spellbinders' die. I cut the leafy flourish using Cheery Lynn Designs die...just love this one! The flowers were colored with Copics (BG10, BG11, BG13, Y13), cut out and popped with foam dots. Some Diamond Stickles were added to the centers.
STAMPS: Fabulous Florets (SU), Tiny Tags (PTI)
PAPER: Pool Party, White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pool Party
ACCESSORIES: Fanciful Flourish die by Cheery Lynn Designs, Victoria EF, Fleur de lis Spellbinders die, Tiny tag die by PTI, Silver cord, Scor-Pal, Diamond Stickles.

Be sure to stop by the RTB blog and see what the other bartenders have created...hope to have you join us!

11 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Gorgeous work, fellow bartender! :D I was definitely wanted to use florals and then laughed when I saw that you had used some too. Have a fab weekend.

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely Wanda so pretty
Love Jan
xx

Debbie Carriere said...

Absolutely stunning, Wanda!!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Stunning card! I love the hint of color!
hugs, margie

Tanya said...

I love it!

Angela said...

Beautiful...the close-up of the flowers is stunning!

Darla said...

Wanda, you did a fabulous job on this card, it is so lovely!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Are you sure you work FT? Dang girl you stamp more than ME! :) This is a beautiful card~ that touch of color is gorgeous!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh MYYYYY, that's purdy! I love the shades of blue against all that white....FRESH!

Edna Morrisedie said...

LOVELY, fabulous job, I love the look and feel of this one, well done!