Thursday, September 29, 2011

CTD & MFTWSC



I'm enjoying my week of vacation and can't believe it's more than half over! No special plans...just enjoying having extra time for cooking, shopping, stamping, acting lazy - lol! I made this card for My Favorite Thing's Wednesday Sketch Challenge and used the super color combo by Kristin on the Color Throwdown blog - Calypso Coral, Poppy Red, Lucky Limeade & Early Espresso! As you can see, I flipped the sketch to accommodate the image. Nothing like a little tag to cover up a smudge on my wonky rectangle! :-) I used Copics to color the poppy: YG03 & YG13 on the leaves; YR02, YR09, R46 & Y35 on the flower. Diamond Stickles were added to the center. The BG was embossed using the Victoria EF...one of my "go to" folders.
STAMPS: Flowers 3 by MFT, Tiny Tags by PTI.
PAPER: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two "Rosy" pad, Vintage Cream, Early Espresso.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Dark chocolate satin ribbon by PTI, Victoria EF, Slot punch by SU, Tiny tags die by PTI, Baker's twine, Diamond Stickles, Wonky rectangle Nesties, Sewing machine.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Very pretty! Love how you did the ribbon!

dj said...

oh so very pretty!! I love the embossed white on white....and the way you did that ribbon...awesome!!

Just posted a new Last But Not Least Challenge...would love to have you play along!!

www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

Broni said...

Wow! I love how that beautiful bold flower just pops!!!

Mary Marsh said...

your flower image and coloring are fantastic on this one wanda-I wish we lived closer so you could give me a copic lesson

dpkennedy said...

Wow, I love your ribbon treatment! Gorgeous card Wanda!