Friday, September 16, 2011

Feeling the Blues



I'm killing 4 birds with one stone with this card! It's monochromatic for Sankari's Get Your Diva On challenge and it's mostly blue for the Free 4 All challenge on SCS. It also uses Tosh's great sketch for week 3 of the September's Viva la Verve challenges! There's also a NEW challenge on the block and that's the Dolce Stamps and Cards Thursday Challenge! Heather is asking us to create a distressed card. I went with papers from MME's Stella & Rose "Hattie" collection and also used PTI's vintage cream CS. After I had it all together, I realized I forgot to sponge the tag...DRAT! I will have to add that later (yes...Freud has a name for people like me - lol!). The yummy lace trim is also from MME...a find on my last shopping trip to Scrapdoodles. The flower is one of MFT's newest Die-namics and has endless possibilities! The tabs were made using SU's word window punch. That's it from me on this glorious fall day! I've really enjoyed my day off and hope it's been a good day for you as well!
STAMPS: Tag Time & Great Friend - both by Verve.
INK: Blue Bayou, Antique Linen distress ink by Tim Holtz.
ACCESSORIES: Dizzy doily Die-namic by MFT, Flower Die-namic by MFT, Little tag dies by Verve, Word window punch, Sprig dies by Verve, Fern punch by MS, Brads, Baker's twine, Lace trim, Distressing tool, Sponge.

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Wanda. A four for is quite a feat!! Love the colours and that big MFT die behind the flower. Have that flower die on my hit list! Great card :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh how fabulous! Awesome job distressing this too!!

jkreucher said...

Oh My Gosh! This is stunning! It catches your eye right away.. Rich and Elegant!
I love every little detail!
So glad you joined us for Dolce Stamps and Cards Thursday first Challenge!
Judy

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

WOW!! Wanda this is gorgeous my dear!! Your distressing is perfect, these colors are so elegant together and your layout/design is magnificent!!

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for joining in on the first ever Dolce Stamps And Cards Distress Challenge! You rock!!

Big Hugs
Heather

Angela said...

I love the vintage vibe here...gorgeous!

Debbie Carriere said...

Wanda, this is beautiful!! Love the organic feel and the distressed look is fabulous!

Peggy said...

Beautiful card with lots of textures! Love it!

Keva said...

This is so beautiful! Lo9ve the colors you used and the distressing looks amazing.

Dolce Impressions said...

Love the distressing it makes the paper look like fabric. Great combinations and thanks for joining us at Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge. Love it.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful card, Wanda! Thanks for playing in the Dolce challenge!

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful colors and distressing! Your spray of flowers are fabulous as well! Thanks for playing in the first Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Please don't kill any birds my friend... lol! But rank up the challenges no worries, love the distressing and use of the sketch, fab as always!

Tara said...

Wanda,
I love this card, especially the spiral background object.
Thank you for joining the Dolce Stamps first-ever challenge. I hope you can join us regularly.

Tara