Saturday, May 18, 2019

Watermelon Slice




There's a fun new sketch up for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! I'm so in love with the new MFT watermelon dies and sweet sentiments that go with it! I experimented with smooshing Distress Oxide inks on watercolor paper. I smooshed the inks on my glass craft mat, then lightly sprayed both the mat and the cardstock with water. I splattered Mowed Lawn ink over the dried green panel to add a more textured look.



RIND: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover.
WATERMELON: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral.

I sponged the green inks onto the card base using my homemade stencil (different sized circles die cut on a piece of acetate). I initially created this stencil for use with bokeh effects. 

STAMPS: Sweet Sentiments (MFT).
PAPER: Black and White Stripes 6x6 pad (MFT); New Leaf and True Black (PTI).
DIES: Sweet (MFT), Stitched Rectangle STAX (MFT), Watermelon Slice (MFT).

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!    ~Wanda

No comments: