Thursday, May 9, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches




I loved this new sketch for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and decided to create a simple card for my dad! I had a panel of Yupo paper already inked up with alcohol inks and Pinata Brass mixative, so thought it would be perfect for some leafy sprigs. I used the large and small background and outline Marianna Vine dies by Poppystamps. The outline was cut from PTI's Luxe Gold card stock.



The sentiment on the skinny banner is one of 18 in the Simple Strips Background stamp set by Taylored Expressions (it has a matching die that cuts out all 18 sentiments in one swoop). I die cut two of the "dad" dies (Mom and Dad Word Duos by Reverse Confetti) and layered the letters over another die from RC's Documented die set. The base was cut from kraft card stock then die cut with MFT's Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics.

2 comments:

Kim S said...

The leaves are absolutely gorgeous and so perfect for the elegant "dad". I wouldn't have thought of the banner across the top but it adds just the perfect sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile Ribon said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Wanda! Your card is so classy. I love how you used the gold pennants to back the bold letters. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fresly Made Sketches.