Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Color Throwdown #542

 
Hi everyone! There's a beautiful new color palette for the new Color Throwdown Challenge...thanks to Barbara Anders who is our hostess this week! She chose aqua/blue, coral/peach, green and kraft. I knew I wanted to try to ink up some of these new stamps from the Fleur Impressions stamp set by the newly formed company - The Greetery - created by the talented Betsy Veldman. There are generally 3 or 4 steps in the stamping of each flower, so it gives the illusion of a water colored image. I loved the way it was so easy to match up the layers! And isn't the brush lettering look of the sentiment so fabulous? This sentiment set is called Comforting Commands. I never mastered hand lettering by hand, so have to resort to a stamp to git 'er done - lol!



I die cut the scalloped base using MFT's Blueprint 27 die on Ranger watercolor CS. I then painted a light wash of Tumbled Glass distress ink, dried it, then splattered some of the same color ink that was less diluted with water. I arranged the flowers - popping the two largest ones with foam tape. The sentiment was also popped with foam tape. 

For more inspiration, click on the design team links below:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! Love how you layered those beautiful blooms!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous...I have been intrigued by these pretty new stamps, but the sentiment is what really sends me over the top! Just lovely!