Monday, May 13, 2019

Tag, You're It Challenge




Good Monday morning...again! It's a really cold morning in VA and I had to resurrect some warmer clothes to wear today! I was reminded by two elderly gentlemen in church yesterday that they recall our area having frost on May 20th! NOOOO!! I'm going to think warm thoughts in spite of it all. 


The current Tag, You're It Challenge has a fun spring tag with gorgeous colors to inspire us! I zeroed in on the aqua color in the border and went with a duck instead of bird. To clarify, I googled to see if a duck is a bird and yes...it's an aquatic bird - lol! So, I justified using this sweet new stamp set by Reverse Confetti called Rainy Day Fun. Our spring has had a multitude of rainy days, so a rainy day theme was perfect for me.



I used a very simple layout that is one of my favorites! I call it an L-shaped corner collage. The horizontal "waves" were created using RC's Doin' the Wave die. The vertical "rainbow" strip was another die by RC. The Starburst Tag Layer die was perfect for the "sun" element. I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black on X-Press It Blending Card then colored with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen (Sakura gelly roll). With all the rain we've been getting, it's not difficult to "make a splash"!

Thanks so much for stopping by...   
                                                              ~Wanda

3 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Swoon, this is so fun and love the bit of sparkle on the puddle. Many thanks for joining the fun with Tag You're It Challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

Wanda this is fab! Great mix of colors and elements.. the lines in all directions .. wiggly and straight so fun!

Marybeth said...

This is adorable Wanda! Loving the tag layered over all the colors and textures!