Sunday, May 19, 2019

Paper Players


It's CAS week at the Paper Players Challenge and there's a suggested theme of plants. That was a perfect reason for me to dust off some WPlus9 stamp sets and begin to arrange some plants in this fun watering can image.  Lilacs are my favorite spring flower (well...it's a tough one competing for tulips for top spot - lol)! 



I started with 3 different patterns of washi tape for the background. The watering can was stamped with Weathered Wood distress oxide ink then I sponged some Black Soot near the edges. Other distress oxide inks used for the florals included Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry.  The sentiment die is from the Thanks and Hello Word Duos by Reverse Confetti.  I always layer at least 2 or 3 word dies to give it a chipboard dimension.

STAMPS: Fresh Cut Florals, Fresh Cut Containers - WPlus9.

For more inspiration from the rest of the talented design team, please check out their creations HERE Hope to see you in the gallery! Have a blessed day!                                   ~Wanda

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Wanda! I LOVE the lilacs. You have created such a pretty focal point. What a great idea to use washi for the background strips! The bold "hello" really commands attention...LOVE it!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wanda, this is bright, cheery and fun! Talk about HAPPY mail! Great tip about laying the sentiment to add more dimension to your card. I'm going to try that out. Thanks for the inspiration and have a great day!

laurie said...

So pretty! I love how you used the washi!

Su Mohr said...

Wanda, such a sweet watering can of flowers! I love how you incorporated the Washi Tape. Very Creative!

LeAnne said...

SO cool to use that washi as a background embellishment! I never know what to do with it! Love your watering can full of flowers and that big bold statement as well! Awesome creation!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card really is all things bright and beautiful Wanda! I love the washi tape that grounds your focal point and your planted watering can is awesome! What a fab card.

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, I love how you used the washi tape! I have so much of it and never think about using it. Thanks for the inspiration! I love lilacs, too, but tulips are still my favorite Spring flower. This card makes me smile! XX