Saturday, May 18, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch


My second post today is a card I actually completed yesterday for the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge.  Awhile back, I was intrigued by the ink blending skills of Kristina Werner and have been following her videos on this technique - especially with distress oxide inks. You can see her tutorial HERE. I used Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes (pack of four in my case) and they really do a fabulous job of blending! My only complaint is that the handle is essentially useless and feels like it will break off because I have to push down pretty firmly over the brush area.  Is this just me or is anyone else having this concern?


I CASEd one of Kristina's color combos and used Old Paper, Evergreen Bough and Black Soot distress oxide inks. I would never in a million years have thought of combining these colors, but I really do like it!  I used X-Press It Blending Card for the ink blending since it has a really smooth surface (and I was out of the Neenah cardstock that I believe Kristina uses). I heat dried the background prior to white embossing the image (you will definitely need to use an antistatic tool).

STAMPS: Weekend Doodles (Altenew), Simple Strips Background (Taylored Expressions).
DIES: Simple Strips Background (Taylored Expressions).

That's it for today...now I must get some errands done!   
                                                                                  ~Wanda


3 comments:

Amy Cairns said...

Beautiful blending, Wanda. You have inspired me to get out my Distress Oxides and give it go. Thank you

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beautiful Wanda! An unusual colour combo yet so pretty! And beautiful blending - I think I need to watch the video for a lesson or two too!

Jenelle said...

Wow! Your ink blending is gorgeous especially with the white embossed flowers!