Friday, September 16, 2016

Vintage Flowers


Good Friday everyone! After tackling an upstairs guest room closet that was packed with OLD things from forever years ago, I decided to cool down in my stamp room! Having my daughter visiting was an even greater bonus because she emptied out a lot from her old room and we made a major haul to a local Goodwill store.  It feels so good to purge clutter and free up more storage space!

I created this card for Altenew's September Inspiration Challenge and also used the new CAS(E)
This Sketch Challenge layout. May has this fabulous photo from some of her craft room supplies to inspire us, so I went with the colors and the stripes for my biggest inspiration.  I triple stamped the florals from Altenew's Vintage Flowers set.  I used two sentiment stamps - one from Label Love and the other from Super Script - both by Altenew.  I used the Tim Holtz' Dot Fade stencil with Tumbled Glass distress ink. The stripe is a background stamp by MFT using SU's retired Cool Caribbean ink and matching cardstock border.  I like using this sentiment to keep on hand as it works for both birthdays and/or anniversaries. 

That's all for today...Time to hit the shower and think about where we'll eat out for supper.  This chick is too tired to cook a meal!

4 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

I ADORE this Wanda!! The blue panel on the side makes the card HAPPY!!

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Wanda! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda! Wonderful take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Great take on the sketch, Wanda! Those blooms are so gorgeous!