Saturday, September 10, 2016

Celebrating Friends



Good Saturday morning blog friends! I created this card for a brand new challenge - Where Creativity Meets C9 - and the theme is "celebration".  I am also playing along with The Challenge where it's color week.  Check out their gorgeous color palette...LOVE!  

It's so easy to create your own patterned papers with C9's Wildflower stamp set (along with the splatter stamps from their Brushed Blossom set).  I embellished with
a trio of coordinating flower dies (don't you just love the open, airy design?!).  I was limited in my sentiment choices until I thought about the many friends I've made over the years and decided to celebrate a friend.

Here's what I used...
STAMPS: Wildflower, Brushed Blossom and Wonderful Women stamp sets by Concord and 9th.  
PAPER: Perfectly Plaid Fall by Lawn Fawn.
INK: Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight by SU; Versafine Onyx Black.
DIES: Wonderful Words, Floral and Flutter by C9; Edge Essentials (tiny scallop) by Reverse Confetti; Stitched Fishtail Flags Die-Namics by MFT.   

I'm heading out to work soon with my Virginia Tech scrubs all ready to roll!  Big game tonight with Tennessee at the Bristol raceway with a record-breaking crowd predicted!  Go Hokies!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

This is LOVELY. I love everything about it, the images, the colors, the design. Well done you! And thanks for joining us on our first challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!

Marybeth said...

Wanda, this is beautiful with the overlay of diecut blooms! Love this!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Wanda!! Oh the friend who recieves this card is lucky. I love the colors you used. Nice and bright!! Thank you so much for playing along with Where Creativity Meets C9.

Donna Cala said...

Great, great card!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO gorgeous, Wanda! Love how you combined the stamps and die cut flowers on this card, along with that "wonderful" sentiment!!! So happy you could join us for our first challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Wanda, I love your pretty flowers dies cuts. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda!!! I love the way you created your stamped background panel and your pretty die cut flowers. Thank you for playing along with us over at the Where Creativity Meets C9!

Melissa said...

WOW!! Your card is absolutely beautiful, Wanda. Love everything about it. So happy you joined us for the first challenge!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Wow! This is super pretty! Love those die cut flowers. Thanks for joining us this week at The Challenge!

Nance said...

Sooo gorgeous, Wanda! Love it! Thanks for playing the Challenge again! Congrats too on being selected last week also! I'm following you now...you have gorgeous cards...and we're slight rivals...I reign in NC and a Tarheel fan...not too far from VA. I know many Hokies too. Happy creating and good luck to the Hokies this season!

Unknown said...

Wanda!!! This is so very, very lovely. Such a fantastic color combination, and that pop of black is just perfect. Thank you so much for joining us over at the Where Creativity Meets C9 blog!!!