Thursday, September 8, 2016

Sending Smiles



While waiting for laundry to finish, I decided to create a card for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge and also The Card Concept Challenge. I was inspired by the rainbow of colors in the inspiration photo, so proceeded with what I consider a clean and layered style.  I started with 7 distress markers and colored horizontally then spritzed lightly with water.  I used the ABC Panel die to cut the base.  Floral images were colored, die cut and popped with different thicknesses of foam dots.  Black and yellow enamel accents were added to
some of the flower centers.  Here's a list of what I used...

STAMPS: My World (sentiment) and Toucan of Friendship (flowers) - both by Reverse Confetti.
PAPER: Ranger watercolor, Black, White.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black.
MARKERS: Barn Door, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, love the use of the rainbow colors in the background along with all of your other wonderful details! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept:-)

Jo said...

Definitely a happy colourful card, made me SMILE :)
Great job!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love the rainbow of colours! It's so pretty! The flowers are so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love that rainbow background, Wanda! Fabulous card and such a fun take on the inspiration. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.

Kim S said...

What a fun background. I love your simple row of black hearts to make the flowers pop. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love all this fabulous color! It's perfect! Thanks for playing along with us over at The card Concept this week!
Take Care!
Michele

Lilian said...

Love the colorful background and the little flowers! Lovely!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio