Monday, September 12, 2016

Mojo Monday #465



Julee has another fun sketch for the Mojo Monday Challenge, so I hope you'll jump right in and join us this week! 

I felt an urge to do a nautical themed card and the two Verve sets - Learning to Sail and Strong Anchor - are perfect to mix and match elements together!  I used papers from Authentique's Seaside Collection and paper pieced the sails. I colored with distress ink markers and added clear Wink of Stella to give some shimmer to the sun and the waves.
I chose to skew both of the top panels since the sentiment references learning to sail in a storm, so naturally the panels would be rocking back and forth!  In reality, I had a smudge mark and this was the best way to cover it up! :-)  I'm sure no one else ever has that problem. #saidnostamperever
  
If you'd like more inspiration for this sketch, click on the mojomakers' blog links below...or...you can go to the Mojo Monday blog and click on the first seven thumbnails.
Julee Tilman (Owner)
Justin Krieger
Lori Tecler
Marisa Ritzen 
Sarah Bigelow
Teresa Kline

Wanda Cullen (you are here)

 

5 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

So fun and encouraging!

gmanshk said...

love the colors and your theme. thanks for sharing. You did a great job with the layout too.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulous, Wanda. I'm ALWAYS rearranging for smudges. Can't seem to keep my fingers clean. :)

Kim said...

This is so awesome Wanda!! I love the free spirit feel to this. Wonderful job with the sketch!!

Gaylynn said...

Hi Wanda. I like this nautical look. Very nice.