Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Happy Fall

 **Scroll on down for my Color Throwdown card**

It's a welcome time of year for me when the temperatures dip just a
wee bit from the sweltering humid days of summer. I've already gotten some fall decor in the house which I'll share with you below.  This is an exceptionally happy week for me with having our daughter who is a traveling nurse - currently going to start her second contract in Omaha - home for the week!  Our oldest son and his wife just had a baby on 9/12 - just minutes before midnight - and we're so thrilled to welcome Matilda Mary into our lives!  Can't wait until Sunday when we plan to travel to DC to see her! 



Oh, yes...I do have a card to tell you about - lol!  I was inspired by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge fall floral theme and also used the great sketch for the Retrosketches Challenge.  Nothing says fall like some mums, so I dusted off PTI's Mum's the Word set and found an old PTI Fall Prints and Patterns 8x8 pad and I was ready to roll.  I used Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery and Old Olive inks by SU.  The coordinating floral dies make it so quick and easy to whip up a quick card!

I'm a huge fan of Pinterest and this centerpiece for my kitchen island is the result of a couple of inspiration photos I came across.


I love hydrangeas and never thought to mix them in with a fall arrangement, but I totally love it!  Here are the pics that inspired me...


Thanks for hanging in there with me on this rather lengthy post!  Happy fall y'all!

3 comments:

Karren said...

Beautiful card, beautiful and clever centerpiece and beautiful baby! Welcome to Matilda - love that name! Congrats to you and your family!

Leigh Penner said...

What a wonderful post! Beautiful card and decor and congratulations on your beautiful new granddaughter!

Michelle said...

Lovely card, Wanda. And an even more lovely little Matilda! A big welcome to her! She shares my birthday. :-) Enjoy those first cuddles!