Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Color Throwdown #410



Hello everyone!  I'm hosting the new Color Throwdown Challenge this week and hope you will enjoy playing with these colors - peach, aqua and gray - as much as I did! 



I chose 3 washi tape colors that were close to the colors as my starting point since I wanted to do a corner collage layout.  I thought this Blooming Button Bits set from PTI was a great take on the inspiration photo with the stitched leaves and similar florals.  After stamping with Pool Party and Crisp Cantaloupe inks (SU), I fussy cut the floral collage and popped with foam tape.  I stamped some gray splatters using WPlus9 Silver Lining ink and a stamp from SU's Gorgeous Grunge set.  The sentiment is from PTI's Bitty Bouquets.

Big congratulations to Susie Moore of The Dies Have It!  She's our guest star stamper this week and a regular participant in our challenges!  Be sure to stop and visit her blog.

For more details on how to play along, head on over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration...see links below:

Amy Rohl 

Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 
 

Karren Johnson - September Guest Designer    


2 comments:

Karren said...

This is such a fun and fabulous use of the colors. The buttons and washi are such cool looks. I just love, love, love this week's colors.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Wanda! Love all the button blossoms! Thanks for the inspiration!