Friday, September 30, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch



TGIF and I'm off this weekend!  It's another rainy day, but we are really needing the rain, so I won't complain.  After I got home from work last night around 11 PM, I made this quick CAS card using the new CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge layout.  I die cut the leaves from scraps of watercolored leftovers.  

DIES: Grateful Leaf Dies (sentiment) and Layering Leaves Dies - both by Concord and 9th.

The sentiment die has a story.  I used it for the first time about 2 weeks ago and just loved the delicate font and knew I'd use it for many more fall cards.  It disappeared!  Into thin air!  I retraced my steps and searched through my desk...searched through my trash can - not once but THREE times!  I finally gave up and ordered another die set!  Well, you can probably guess the ending.  As I was making this card, the lost die was found stuck to the bottom of my metal shim plate that I use when cutting intricate dies!  Grrrr...I could have saved that $19!  Oh, well...I've got a backup if it ever disappears again. Happy day everyone!

5 comments:

Brent Scheffer said...

These are great Fall leaves. The leaves seem to have a glow. Great Card!

EYSchmitt said...

I hate when stuff just walks off and eludes discovery! I searched on and off for MONTHS and months for a quilt pattern I had already used because I had in mind to increase the size of my already completed top with additional blocks. It was NOT to be found.

Almost unbelievably one day I saw another quilt in that pattern in a group photo on a blog I follow and through communicating with that blog was able to get a copy of the pattern. I had found my pattern in a magazine I bought off the rack (couldn't find another copy online no matter how much I googled) but it turned out this pattern was also in stand alone form (I had not remembered the name). Long story short....while the replacement pattern was in the mail on its way to me, I found! my old magazine right where it had been hiding in plain sight in a magazine bin in a location a bit apart from the others! I wanted to kick myself and dance a happy jig at the same time!

Glad you found your die!

Leigh Penner said...

I love those leaves! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Hannelie said...

Stunning card Wanda!
Thanks for sharing with us at Case this sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous "all dies" card! Thanks for sharing your story--I'm sure it's happened to others. :)