Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Watercolor Valentine



I LOVED the Color Challenge on SCS to use Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Old Olive with a dessert of layers using 4 or more! I'm also playing along with the Retrosketches Challenge - what an awesome layout! I used the "smoosh and fling" technique (as I lovingly call it) for my background.  One of my faves to create a fun, watercolor look!  I smooshed Peeled Paint and Peacock Feathers distress inks on my craft mat then spritzed some water over it.  I placed watercolor paper face down and turned it...dabbing color on it here and there until I was satisfied with it.  After it was dry, I "flung" some Heidi Swapp gold color shine on the panel.  Easy peasy way to get an artsy look!  Then it was layering time.  Since I had the gold splatters, I gold embossed the sentiment on vellum and used a gold button embellishment. 
 
My card on the inside--->>>

Here's what I used:
STAMPS: Crushin' by Reverse Confetti.
PAPER: Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, White by PTI.
INK: Versamark, Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint distress inks by Tim Holtz.
ACCESSORIES: Stitched rectangles, scallop border and hearts by Lil Inker Designs; Arrow Confetti Cuts die by Reverse Confetti; Heidi Swapp gold color shine.

Thanks so much for stopping by...

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous background and card.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh my - gorgeous card! I L-O-V-E the colors!!!

SaraS said...

Really gorgeous background and I love the colors!

Broni said...

GAH!!! This is gorgeous!! I love the gold with blue and green! This may be my new favorite color combo. Awesome card, girlfriend!