Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Colour Q & Sketch Challenge




A quick post before heading off to work with a clean and simple masculine valentine!  I knew I wanted to incorporate this heart border Die-Namics die by MFT, so went with some inlaid pieces of Cherry Cobbler CS against the black outline.


I used the Colour Q Challenge colors (red, black, newsprint and a neutral) and paired it with the SCS Sketch Challenge.  The
patterned paper was perfect since newsprint was part of the houndstooth design (from My Mind's Eye "Filled With Love" 6x6 pad).  I black embossed the

sentiment from Verve's Love Notes set; the arrow is from Crushin' by Reverse Confetti. 
The vertical strip is a piece of vellum with torn edges. The shiny gold sequin heart doesn't show up well in the photo, but I wanted a wee bit of added sparkle and shine!  To add some texture, I looped some red jute twine behind the popped sentiment circle.  The finished card is 4 3/4" square.

Have a blessed day and thanks for popping in...


6 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Love the dramatic colors, Wanda, and what a great take on the sketch...this is a beautiful Valentine!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous! Love the wispy thread!

Brenda in IN said...

I really like your card. Cute sentiment inside the circle and the red jute is so pretty tucked behind the circle.

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is beautiful, Wanda! I love the big houndstooth - so fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Wanda, fun design! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Another fun card, Wanda,I so love seeing your cards at the colourQ! Thanks for playing with us this week.